Gifts in kind, also referred to as in-kind donations, is a kind of charitable giving in which, instead of giving cash money the actual goods and services themselves are given. Under 501(c)3 non-profit status these items must align with our purpose and help us fulfill our mission. Therefore we cannot accept your Picasso or refurbished Delorian but will work with you so please call the office.
We are not a bike shop, rental store, nor a resale outlet so please donate used bikes or cycling items to charities or other community groups that can best use them. Items most often needed HBL are items for our silent auction and items and services needed to host our large events. The best gift are those that cover the cost of items/services we would otherwise have to pay for. Mahalo for helping us connect with anyone who could donate and/or discount products and services needed for our fundraising events.
Please call the office or email email@example.com to verify HBL acceptance. We are happy to help talk through what we can and cannot accept. Upon acceptance HBL will issue a letter of acknowledgment for use with your tax advisor.
Gifts in kind are distinguished from gifts of Cash or Stock.
Ulupono Initiative was formed as an impact investment firm to positively affect Hawai‘i’s ability to grow its own food, harness its rich natural resources for renewable energy, and better manage its waste. Our investments span both the for-profit and non-profit sectors to ensure we’re supporting strong ideas that will catapult us toward this goal of greater self-sufficiency for Hawai‘i.
Kamehameha Schools’ mission is to fulfill Pauahi’s desire to create educational opportunities in perpetuity to improve the capability and well-being of people of Hawaiian ancestry.
All the Platinum Level benefits, plus:
• A total of 20 Complimentary entries to the Annual Dinner, Hale’iwa Metric Century Ride, or Honolulu Century Ride
• Your Company’s Logo on the HBL Website (Full Page Width)
All the Gold Level benefits, plus:
• A total of 10 Complimentary entries to the Annual Dinner, Hale’iwa Metric Century Ride, or Honolulu Century Ride
• Your Company’s Logo on the HBL Website (Half Page Width)
All the Silver Level benefits, plus:
• A total of 6 Complimentary entries to the Annual Dinner, Hale‘iwa Metric Century Ride, or Honolulu Century Ride
• Your Company’s Logo on the HBL Website (Quarter Page Width)
• Assistance completing ‘Bicycle Friendly Business’ Application
All the Bronze Level benefits, plus:
• A total of 2 Complimentary entries to the Annual Dinner, Hale‘iwa Metric Century Ride, or Honolulu Century Ride
• Active Link to Company Website on HBL Membership Page
• A Cycling Skills Workshop AND “Walk-Bike-Drive” Presentation
• Bicycling Parking & Commuter Amenities Consultation
• 1 Complimentary entry to the Annual Dinner, Hale‘iwa Metric Century, or Honolulu Century Ride
• HBL Business Supporter Certificate to Display Support
• Annual Social Media promotion when you Join or Renew your Membership
• Listing of Company on HBL Membership Page
• Acknowledgement in our Annual Report & Annual Dinner
• Choice of a Cycling Skills workshop or “Walk-Bike-Drive” Presentation
• Volunteer Opportunities for your Employees
HBL’s Business Support Packet PDF
Business Support donations are tax deductible minus the value of services provided (event entries costs). Pay via this online form or email for more info.
Event specific sponsorships are also available. Please contact HBL for more information regarding sponsorships at bicycle@HBL.org.