Hawai’i Bicycling League is hiring a full-time Community Engagement Coordinator position. This role will help us build our community of supporters and assist in our efforts to create a more bicycle friendly Hawai’i! Read the full job description below and share with your friends!
HBL Community Engagement Coordinator
Location: 3442 Wai‘alae Ave, Honolulu, Hawai‘i
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
About Hawai’i Bicycling League:
The Hawai’i Bicycling League (HBL) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting cycling as a safe and viable means of transportation and recreation in Hawai’i. With a mission to enable more people to ride bicycles, HBL works towards creating a more bicycle-friendly Hawai’i through advocacy, education, events, and community engagement.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will play a vital role at the Hawai’i Bicycling League by building the quantity and quality of our supporters with a focus on membership retention & growth and volunteer management. This role requires a dynamic and motivated individual who is passionate about cycling, community building, and promoting the benefits of riding a bicycle. Position will report to the Executive Director, and work with other HBL staff, board members, key volunteers, and community partners to build support for the organization.
- Membership Growth and Retention:
- Develop and execute strategies to recruit and retain HBL members.
- Conduct outreach activities to increase awareness about the benefits of HBL membership.
- Coordinate membership drives and campaigns.
- Handle membership packet mailings, newsletters, and other communications.
- Volunteer Management:
- Identify, recruit, and train volunteers for various HBL programs and events, including signature events.
- Establish a structured volunteer program, including roles, responsibilities, and recognition.
- Provide ongoing support and communication to volunteers.
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation events.
- Community Outreach:
- Represent HBL at community events, meetings, and workshops.
- Build relationships with local organizations, businesses, and government agencies to promote cycling initiatives.
- Event Planning and Execution:
- Coordinate volunteer logistics, including sign-ups, descriptions, and management, for small and large events.
- Collaborate with partners to organize community engagement opportunities.
- Communication, Marketing, and Merchandise:
- Assist in creating content for newsletters, social media, and website related to membership and volunteer activities.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials.
- Assist in developing HBL merchandise, fulfilling merchandise orders, and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Data Management and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records of membership and volunteer information, via CRM database.
- Generate reports to analyze membership trends and volunteer engagement.
Note: The above description is not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned as per the needs of the organization.
- Experience in membership development, volunteer management, or community engagement.
- Familiarity with CRM database management software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, and social media platforms.
- Passion for cycling and a strong belief in the benefits the bicycle provides.
- Experience with Hawai’i’s cycling community and local advocacy efforts is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, but not required (e.g., nonprofit management, community development, communications).
- Health insurance, including vision and dental coverage, after one month of full-time employment
- 10 paid holidays
- 10 days of PTO
$45,000 – $55,000 annually.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter/letter of interest to Travis Counsell, Executive Director, via email at Travis@HBL.org, including the email subject line: HBL Community Engagement Coordinator
Deadline for Applications:
Applications will be reviewed beginning November 15, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.