Learn how to ride with confidence & control on the open road!
Feeling a bit frightened to bike on the streets of Hawai‘i? HBL is here to help you with that! Bring your bicycle and come out to HBL’s free hands-on, on-bike 2-hr workshop that will have you feeling at ease pedaling wherever your ride takes you. Learn what your rights are as a cyclist & why exercising them is key to having a comfortable & enjoyable bike ride, better your bike control, learn how to perform an easy safety check on your bike, and lots more!
We at HBL really believe biking should be fun(!), NOT stressful, so join us for this super helpful, very informative, and possibly life-changing workshop that will make your biking experience a joyous one forever-forward.
This workshop includes:
- Free (adult) helmet supplied with fitting if you don’t have one of your own.
- Basic bike fitting & how to perform a safety check of your equipment.
- Best practices of cycling safely in Hawai‘i.
- Bike parking: what you need to know.
- Types of bicycle infrastructure you may encounter in the area & how to use them.
- Where you can ride, where you cannot, and where you should ride for an enjoyable biking experience.
- On-bike handling practice for smooth starting, stopping, steering, scanning, and signaling.
- Short instructor-led ride around the neighborhood (less than 2 miles) to show you how to apply those best practices, and have you experience in real life!
Space is limited & pre-registration is required.
Bicycling Basics (On-Bike) Workshop
November 27, 2021
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Venue: Children's Discovery Center