Event Phone: 808-735-5756
Level up your pedaling prowess & get the most out of your bike & gear.
This 2.5-hr workshop equips any adult rider with the knowledge, skills, and “insider cycling scoops” to tackle any road situation! Want to get better at tackling hills? You’ll learn efficient shifting & braking techniques here! New to group riding? Our expert League Cycling Instructors will cover the essential do’s and dont’s for safe group riding (and will help you look like a seasoned cyclist at your first group ride!). You’ll get to master bike control by performing advanced avoidance maneuvers to keep the “rubber side down” before wrapping up with an instructor-led group ride around the neighborhood.
This workshop covers:
- Your rights & responsibilities for riding on the road in Hawai‘i.
- Gear & equipment: The essentials, night-riding, and tips on riding in inclement weather.
- Effective shifting techniques.
- Group riding etiquette: do’s and dont’s.
- Types of hazards & how to avoid crashes.
- Advanced on-bike hazard avoidance maneuvers.
- Instructor-led group ride around the neighborhood to take our skills to the streets.
Space is limited & pre-registration is required.
Road Cycling Skills (On-Bike)
April 9, 2022
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Venue Phone: 8087355756Address: